Sunday, June 29, 2008

PB & J

So, I've been feeling a wee bit on the lonely side lately. It's weird going from being the RA on a floor of freshmen who need you for everything to living by yourself and nobody needing you for anything at all. Not that it's a bad thing, but it was just a big transition. Against my better judgement, I bought fish. I don't know what I'm going to do with them when I go to the convention, and I don't know what I'll do with them over longer breaks when I go home (you can't exactly fly with fish)... but I suppose I'll figure that out when the time comes. They're not all cuddly and sweet and affectionate like dogs and cats (assuming the cats want to be affectionate), but frankly it's really nice just to have some other living beings around. And it's nice to know that they need me to feed them every day. I like to take care of people and animals and other living objects, and i like to feel needed. So there's two birds with one stone.

They're just basic goldfish from Petsmart and I named them PB & J. I think those are perfectly cute names. Dorky, but cute.

Here they are:

No comments:

All bloggers are compensated for their time. All blogs are uncensored and the opinions expressed are not necessarily those of Drake University.