Monday, December 29, 2008

The Christmas Trick

This year Christmas went a little differently. Usually we, like, unwrap presents and, like, get the presents we unwrap.

That wasn't completely the case this year.

We looked in our stockings and pulled out some kind of random things with paper taped to them. The paper had the name of a real gift taped to it. For example, I got a "butterfly calendar" in my stocking but I really got an empty jewelry box. It was pretty funny and, honestly, really unexpected.

Then we started opening tree presents and there was a small cylindrical one that piqued my curiosity. I opened it and found a can of tomato paste with a label that said "hat" on it. I was confused. I definitely didn't expect to continue to get what my parents called "virtual presents."

My brother and I continued to open presents finding some real ones and some virtual ones that included a cardboard box with plastic bags and screws, canned food, books we already owned, and empty cd cases.

Eventually we were surprised when Mom gave us these really gorgeous santa sacks that she MADE full of the gifts we had received "virtually". Mom and Dad just got tired of us being able to guess what all of our presents were. Well, they definitely fooled us this year. Nothing was as it seemed. In the end it was fun and I liked not knowing what my gifts were. But one thing's for certain - they definitely fooled us.

No comments:

All bloggers are compensated for their time. All blogs are uncensored and the opinions expressed are not necessarily those of Drake University.