Thursday, February 19, 2009

Apartment hunt!

I diagnosed myself with DBS quite some time ago. The symptoms were too marked to be mistaken.

DBS - Drake Bubble Syndrome. Symptoms include feeling trapped on campus, cooped up, and suffocation from being in the bubble.

It's pretty serious. And because it's so serious, I've started the apartment hunt for next year. I plan to stay in Des Moines this summer so I need a place to live - preferably one to keep for the whole school year. And as appealing as it would be to move literally around the corner from here, I'm branching out to the surrounding areas. I need a change and I need it soon.

I'm not saying Drake isn't a fine place to live. It is, but after being here for a while you start to feel, like I said, trapped. I leave campus sometimes just to remind myself that there's a world beyond our tiny little campus.

I need to find a place that's not too close to Drake, but not too far since I don't want a huge commute. This will allow me to appreciate Drake more and not feel so sick of it, and it'll allow me to experience a world outside of school.

Thus begins the apartment hunt.

No comments:

All bloggers are compensated for their time. All blogs are uncensored and the opinions expressed are not necessarily those of Drake University.