Friday, August 14, 2009

Iowa Outdoors

This summer I have an internship at Iowa Outdoors Magazine, which is a publication from the Department of Natural Resources. It's a great magazine with cool stories and amazing photos. And readership is 150,000. It's really cool.

It earned some cool points this past issue because it featured the journalistic stylings of, well, me! I had four different articles in the new Sept/Oct issue and I'm really REALLY excited about it. I've never been published in a magazine before. Not a print one, anyway. And being published in print is just a waaaaayyyy cooler feeling. Online is good, but there's nothing like looking at a stack of magazines you know you're in.

And they aren't groundbreaking works of staggering genius or anything, but they're a start and, even better, they're mine :)

No comments:

All bloggers are compensated for their time. All blogs are uncensored and the opinions expressed are not necessarily those of Drake University.