Sunday, October 11, 2009

The Bug

I've caught what's going around. Not H1N1 or the seasonal flu or the fall cold (as opposed to the winter cold and the summer cold and the spring cold) or pretty much anything else that comes with chesty coughs and stuffy noses.

My symptoms are as follows:

Sluggishness, loss of interest, finding constant distraction, day dreaming, severe procrastination and lack of sleep.

In high school we called it Senior-itis. Now I just call it apathy.

The closer I get to the end the less I care about pretty much everything. The good news is that I'm not alone... it seems to be a bit of a trend among seniors. Still, that doesn't make it better.

I just don't know why I don't care anymore. Do I not care because I'm just burned out after 15.5 years of school? Do I not care because I'm bored? Do I not care because magazine journalism isn't something I want anymore?

I suppose that last one doesn't matter so much because I'm not about to change my major or anything. Besides, I wouldn't know what to change it to. But it's such a horrible feeling and I don't know what to do about it. How do I motivate myself? I don't know the answer.

It's confusing and weird and I pretty much hate it. I'm not even enjoying my magazine capstone project all that much. I know it's a big deal and I know that this is my last journalism class at Drake and that most of my academic effort should probably be poured into this class, but...

No comments:

All bloggers are compensated for their time. All blogs are uncensored and the opinions expressed are not necessarily those of Drake University.