Sunday, July 6, 2008

4th of July - Res Life Style

The summer RA staff decided that for the 4th of July we'd go to Urbandale for a parade, come back and have a cookout for the residents, and light some sparklers and stuff. It was actually quite a lot of fun. I don't remember the last time I went to a parade that I wasn't in. It was awesome; there were a bunch of fire trucks and classic cars and stuff. That night I really wanted to go see the fireworks downtown, but I was on duty so I had to stay in the building. That was kind of a bummer, especially because almost everybody had gone out to do something fun. But not all was lost because Trevor (an RA in the building) and Tibb (who will be a hall director in the fall) were both around and while I was outside watching the fireflies, they came out and we lit sparklers and things. We also walked to Mcdonalds for ice cream and saw the illegal fireworks that were being set off somewhere to the west of us. It was pretty enjoyable, aside from the mosquito bites.

Here are some pictures :











2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If im in the situation of the owner of this blog. I dont know how to post this kind of topic. he has a nice idea.

Anonymous said...

I agree with you about these. Well someday Ill create a blog to compete you! lolz.

All bloggers are compensated for their time. All blogs are uncensored and the opinions expressed are not necessarily those of Drake University.