Sunday, January 11, 2009

The Revolving Door of Doom

There are some people in this country who are used to the fast paced nature of New York. There are some people who are not.

I am, as you may imagine, not.

Everything in New York seems to move faster. People, life, elevators (not kidding - go to the 22nd floor sometime and see if your ears don't pop) and the evilest and scariest contraption I've come in contact with ... revolving doors.

You wouldn't think revolving doors would be tricky, but don't be fooled.

Here's the story...

I was leaving the hotel in New York and I approach the revolving door. This particular revolving door is automatic. It stops when nobody is using it, but starts going again when someone gets near it.

Well, just as i step one foot in the revolving door it starts revolving and before I know it I'm half in the door and half out of it, pinned up against the entry door frame. Meanwhile, the door is still trying to revolve because I keep setting off the sensor. And this sucker has some force - so much, in fact, that I couldn't get out on my own. The doorman ultimately had to come to my rescue.

I felt stupid. But maybe my story will prevent further accidents.

Just keep all this in mind the next time you're confronted with a revolving door of doom. Be careful and happy revolving.

No comments:

All bloggers are compensated for their time. All blogs are uncensored and the opinions expressed are not necessarily those of Drake University.