Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Year in review

So, junior year is over (ah!!! I'm a senior now!) which means it's time for my annual Year in Review blog post. Generally speaking, I hate it when people toot their own horn, but I pretty much can't help it. I'm proud of myself.

Let's hit the highlights, shall we?

I ended this semester with a 3.8 GPA

I scored three internships for the summer - one at Iowa Outdoors Magazine, one at Meredith, and one with an organization called A Course in Miracles which involves a lot of facebooking

I was elected president of APO

I earned the Drake Service Award at the annual Leaders and Luminaries ceremony

I completed over 150 hours of community service

I was awarded the Distinguished Service Key for APO along with the Leadership and Service awards

I was the photo editor of the Times Delphic

I leased an apartment

I threw a holiday party for little kids and their families

I wrote for Drake Mag Online

SO, yeah... I'm pretty pleased with how junior year went. I'm looking forward to senior year. It'll be weird, though - being a senior, I mean. There's something oddly comforting about knowing that there are people above you. Like being a sophomore and a junior is nice because you just float around in the middle. And now I'm a senior. CRAZY!

No comments:

All bloggers are compensated for their time. All blogs are uncensored and the opinions expressed are not necessarily those of Drake University.