Friday, September 25, 2009

1/3 over

I realized recently that this semester is already 1/3 over. Granted that means I have about 5 weeks under my belt, but when you're feeling like things have just gotten started, thinking of it like that is really kind of shocking.

But things have just been so slow lately. I keep telling myself not to complain, but I can't help it. For instance, my magazine capstone... we're still making important decisions and only yesterday got actual writing assignments. But the book has to be to the printer BEFORE Thanksgiving break. Holy heck.

So I'm sure it'll all hit the fan here pretty soon and I won't be able to keep up with hardly anything. It's the calm before the storm, I suppose.

This week I also had my first entomology exam and that was weird. I don't remember the last time I ever really had an exam. Considering that I haven't had any sort of biology class since literally freshman year of high school and therefore am at a considerable disadvantage compared to the other students who are grounded quite well in the basics of things like biodiversity, morphology and evolution, I think it went fairly well. I can tell I generally know the info, but there were definitely some holes in my explanation of things. That doesn't change the fact that I love the class and the professor is one of the greatest I've ever had. Seriously. Keith Summerville. If he teaches it, take it.

In a couple of weeks the classes for next semester will be posted already and my roommate and I are both extremely excited. Generally I feel like we're both not terribly thrilled with classes this semester and getting to pick out new ones is really exciting. It's particularly exciting for me because I only have to pick 4 of them (yay for a 12-credit semester!) and it'll be my LAST. TIME. PICKING. Holy heck. It's crazy.

No comments:

All bloggers are compensated for their time. All blogs are uncensored and the opinions expressed are not necessarily those of Drake University.