Saturday, April 21, 2007

Street Painting

Today was the day! One of the highlights of the Relays!! Street painting!! A whole bunch of organizations on campus get a square on the painted street (the one by the library) and each year the organization comes up with a different design based on the Relays theme. This year the theme is "The Legacy Lives On."

For APO, our design played off the Lion King. There's a picture down there, but I'll explain it to you because I couldn't fit the whole thing in the picture. The greek letters Alpha Phi Omega are spelled out in the clouds, on Pride Rock you have Spike our bulldog mascot next to a duck (years ago Drake's mascot was a duck since a male duck is called a "drake") and then there's a turtle (the APO mascot) holding up a baby bulldog.

The street gets painted, but not nearly as much as the painters do. Close to the entire campus comes out and half the people just walk around throwing paint on one another. I've been looking forward to it for a long, long time and I have to say that it was just as much fun as I thought it would be. Honestly, I loved it. I didn't get too covered in paint which is fine by me because that means I didn't have to spend hours hosing off outside before I could get into the dorms again.

It was awesome, though. And the weather was perfect.

Pics!


Me covered in paint

Our APO square

Showering

General chaos

1 comment:

Drake-University said...

We have a few college students online from Drake University and we love your blog postings, so well add your rss or news feed for them, Thanks and please post us and leave a comment back and well link to you. Thanks Jen , Blog
Drake-University

All bloggers are compensated for their time. All blogs are uncensored and the opinions expressed are not necessarily those of Drake University.