Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Viva Las Vegas

I recently got back from a trip that I took to Las Vegas. Don't get excited. I don't have any amazing or embarassing or particularly wild stories to tell. This is mostly due to the fact that I was visiting my grandmother who lives there. More to the point, I'm not 21 so I didn't blow all my drinking money gambling, or all my gambling money drinking.

I did have a good time, though. It was fun, but hot. I feel like such an idiot saying something like that. It's summer. It's hot all over the place. It reminds me of the five-day forecasts on the news where each day has a high of ninetysomething and yet it's still necessary for the graphics team to stamp the word "Hot" across the screen with little flames insid the letters, as if we're not smart enough to realize that ninety-plus degrees is hot.

Anyway... let's just say that I didn't particularly enjoy the 112 degree weather outside.

Although, it seemed as though the thousands of people walking the strip had absolutley no problem with it. I don't know if it was because it was a holiday weekend with the Fourth of July and all of that or whatever, but I was absolutley astounded to see so many people out in the heat. And nobody seemed to be in any sort of rush or anything. They were just milling around without shirts and stuff like it was 70 out.

Those people are the idiots.

Ok, really now, back to the actual trip.

I finally got to see the Bellagio fountains. They're supposed to be amazing, particularly at night... and they were! I love it. They had patriotic music playing and the water fountains were practically dancing. See the pics.

I went to see The Producers at the Paris and that was great. I saw the movie a little while ago and it's so funny. I loved it. The show was just as good. It basically revolves around a Broadway producer (and his accountant/fellow producer) who raises a whole bunch of money to put on a bona fide flop so his show closes and he gets to keep the rest of the money. It's so good.

We also went shopping a bunch of times and in addition to some new clothes, I also went to Build-A-Bear. I've done a Build-A-Bear before years ago also on a trip to Vegas and I wasn't going to do it again until an adorable green creature sitting in the window happened to catch my eye.

I don't know if you read my frogs vs. turtles blog, but here's the point: I love turtles and you can't find them anywhere. So, I was pretty darn excited when I found him.

So, I went inside the Build-A-Bear and, yes, I did feel a little silly being inside since I'm almost a sophomore in college, but then I rememberd the huge line at the Build-A-Bear table last year around Valentine's Day and it made me feel a little bit better. Plus, the kid in front of me was also making a turtle, so I knew I made a good choice. I'm big into alliterations, so I named my turtle Tyler.

Another day my grandmother and I took a senic drive through Red Rock Canyon which was pretty and afterwards met up with my Aunt and Uncle who live in the area for lunch. We ended up at the Red Rock hotel which is home of Heather West's restaurant. I don't know about you, but I'm a huge Hell's Kitchen fan, and Heather won last season so she got a restaurant in Red Rock. We didn't go to her restaurant, but it was cool being the same building.

My trip only lasted four days, which was nice because I was so tired of the heat!!! It was nice to come home to Colorado where the high is only 97!!!!



lights!

a ferris wheel at the Bellagio

The ceiling at the Bellagio

The Paris

grandma's dog

fountains!!!!

No comments:

All bloggers are compensated for their time. All blogs are uncensored and the opinions expressed are not necessarily those of Drake University.