Saturday, August 25, 2007

The residents

After being here for two long, lonely weeks, I FINALLY have some residents! They moved in on Wednesday and I've been thrilled! Finally there's noise and people on the floor. I go to the bathroom and there are people talking in there! It's the most awesome thing!

And you want to know what's even more awesome? That the residents themselves are fantastic! They're all really, really nice. They're friendly, they respond to me, include me in activities, and they just seem to really enjoy talking to me. And if they do enjoy talking to me, it's nothing compared to how much I enjoy talking to them.

Meeting new people is just so much fun. Everybody has a story and it's so much fun to find out what that is exactly.

You know what else is cool? They're taking pride in our floor. One girl made a facebook group for our floor and they're all just really excited to be living here! They're going out of their way to be friendly to one another! They make it so easy to be the RA on the floor. So far we've had no trouble as far as policy violations (which beat this floor last year whose record was about two days).

They're not afraid to ask me questions or meet people from other floors. They like to pop in on my just to say hi!

They cluster together to color and watch TV. They like to have High School Musical dancing parties! They'll pop popcorn and ask if I want some, and leave notes on my door hoping I'm having a good day!

I love these girls and I couldn't have asked for a better group! They've really given me the confidence to know that this year is going to be so much fun!

No comments:

All bloggers are compensated for their time. All blogs are uncensored and the opinions expressed are not necessarily those of Drake University.