Monday, November 26, 2007

House and Dorm

I LOVE going home. I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT! Seriously, nothing's better than being with the family you haven't seen in a while, eating food that's isn't from Hubbell, and actually getting a moment away from the dorms.

I feel stupid for saying this, but I always need a couple of nights to adjust to living in an actual house again. For example, houses make noises. Sometimes, they are creepy noises. They creak and groan and it's a little scary. I don't really get that in the dorm. Sometimes the girl who lives above me likes to rearrange at all hours of the night, but other than that there really isn't anything to hear.

But what probably scares me the most those first couple of nights at home is my brother. It's not like he's intentionally being creepy... well, not most of the time anyway. But, seriously. He'll be walking around in front of my room (and the door is open so my cat can come in and out) in the shadows and he'll walk on something that will crunch and I'll freak out. Sometimes he WILL be creepy and pop his head in my doorway and leave it there until I notice him.

Just this past trip home I heard something crunching around and it sounded just like they were in my bathroom messing with the cat's litter box. And I would have assumed it was the cat if he wasn't sleeping with me at the time. So I freaked out and turned on my light. As it turns out, my brother was in the hallway looking for a movie to watch and stepping on his Dance Dance Revolution mat which made that crunching noise.

It scared the crap out of me, let me tell you.

I need to tell my subconscious that I'm at home and that my brother looking for a movie to watch is perfectly normal, as are the creaking steps and wind in the windows...

No comments:

All bloggers are compensated for their time. All blogs are uncensored and the opinions expressed are not necessarily those of Drake University.