Monday, December 3, 2007

WooMe.com

I'm thinking about downloading firefox and using that as my internet browser so I don't get these annoying little ads all over my internet windows.

Here's an interesting one I found while wasting time on Facebook:

"Lonely? You don't have to be. Meet five guys in five minutes. WooMe.com. It's fun and free to play."

*eye roll*

I'm going to skip over the most obvious point here which is that it's absolutely pathetic that people are actually coming up with these kinds of sites for teenagers. Hello, we're not old, miserable and lonely yet. We're perfectly of going out and meeting people which, I'm told, is how it's done traditionally. Our generation does seem pretty desperate though, and I guess these people are just filling a need... still... it's sick and i'm totally opposed to it.

Also...

I'm WAY insulted that they think I can be "wooed" in ONE MINUTE. My goodness... give me SOME credit. It takes at least five minutes to woo me. I'm not THAT easy. And why the term "woo"? It seems so obsolete for some reason. "Maidens" are "wooed." I'm not a maiden.

And maybe it's just me, but "playing" with these five guys seems a little... dangerous? Hello, I saw You've Got Mail and as much as I loved that movie, I'm convinced that Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan are not sending the best message. They "played" online and met and it HAPPENED to work out well for them. Just keep this in mind.. play all you want, but the guy on the other end is probably not going to be as attractive, charming, or normal as Tom Hanks so I would advise against running off with him -- even if he has wooed you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you should check the site out - it's actually the coolest thing i've seen come out in a long time. it's like a big online bar where you can meet all kind of interesting people, and from everywhere (i met some guys from brazil tonight)

All bloggers are compensated for their time. All blogs are uncensored and the opinions expressed are not necessarily those of Drake University.