Sunday, April 20, 2008

Duty Log 4/19: 4.5 Hours Remain

So, it's been... seven hours since my last post. I think. It's 2:30 in the morning so I could be wrong. I'm lucky if I can make coherent sentences - math is a whole different story.

It's really quite interesting sitting out in the lobby for extended periods of time. I'm a big people watcher, so I'm kind of entertained. In the past sevenish hours, I saw a boy come downstairs and cook some moose meat (and just to show how tired I am, I just realized that I used the wrong "meat" and had to fix it... remember what I said about coherent sentences) for some other boys. I'm not joking. This kid cooked moose. The bad part is that the moose is dead and eaten, but the stench of the untraditional meat has lingered. Sick. I don't think you could get me to eat moose knowingly. Maybe if you told me it was beef, that would be ok... only if you can't really taste the difference. But seriously, moose? That makes me sick and sad. I like moose. They're cute in a dumb way.

There was also this one kid who was watching movie after movie on television while talking to his friend via the internet, and playing some sort of internet war game, wearing MASSIVE headphones. He didn't move not once to even go to the bathroom - unless you count the several occasions he moved his arm a whole two inches to change the channel... which he did every time commercials came on and thus ended up watching two movies at once. It drove me INSANE. My brother does that (or at least he used to do it) all the time with cartoons or whatever and I don't know how he stands it. Plus he was flipping between Remember the Titans and Without a Paddle. Only mildly different movies. He wouldn't even get up to get some moose - he had someone bring him a plate.

He was there for quite a while until someone asked him kindly if we could use the TV to play Wii - which was the original plan. So around midnight I got my Wii all set up and some of my residents and a few other people floating around the building came out to play. This was my Wii's big residence hall debut and it was great. Funny how these things are more fun when they're shared. After a while I just let them go at it amongst themselves because I didn't want to use up all my energy playing virtual tennis. The guy who was hogging the TV stuck around and wanted to play, but said he'd play sitting down... Are you kidding me!? Sitting down!? I don't think so. That's the purpose of the Wii - so you CAN'T sit down and play.

Anyway, the Wii-ers and the moose-eaters are gone for the night and it's only me, Ryan, and all the crazies stumbling back into the hall who are left. He's on rounds now, and I go again at 4 and that's it for the night. We just have to stick around until 7am. I have a muffin and a Coke here to make sure I get there. I guess it's true what they say - "I get by with a little help from my friends." In this case, calories and caffeine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks to the blog owner. What a blog! nice idea.

All bloggers are compensated for their time. All blogs are uncensored and the opinions expressed are not necessarily those of Drake University.