Saturday, January 9, 2010

2010

Here we go with the obligatory new year post.

It is 2010 and I rang it in in my traditionally lame fashion. I sat and watched a movie or two by myself in the dark, which caused me to fall asleep for an hour. Luckily I woke up at like 11:50 and was able to watch my so-called "smart" clock roll over to midnight a good ten minutes after the new year started.

Woo. I was in pain the next morning after that outrageous party.

If you've read any of my other new year posts, you'll know that I'm not a resolution-maker by any means. I don't know if I can avoid it this year, though. I kind of have to resolve to do things like... graduate and get a job and an apartment and, like, have a real grown-up's life.

What exciting resolutions... I think. Well, ok. It is exciting, but don't think I didn't want to cry when I saw that clock roll over. 2010 is a real thing and it's weird.

It's kind of like states like Oklahoma or the Dakotas or something. You learn about them and everybody tells you they're there, but you don't really believe it until you see it for yourself.

That's what 2010 is like. It's like standing in Oklahoma... standing in Oklahoma and having no idea what to make of it.

No comments:

All bloggers are compensated for their time. All blogs are uncensored and the opinions expressed are not necessarily those of Drake University.