Monday, January 18, 2010

Beginning of the End

My final semester at Drake is officially up and running. It got off to a rather slow start. We had MLK day with no classes and then that same Wednesday classes were cancelled because of bad weather... and I've had two other classes cancelled between now and then for other reasons...

Anyway, I have yet to have a full week of classes, but I've gone to all of them at least once so far, so that's a good start.

I'm taking it relatively easy this semester. 12 credits is all I need, so 12 credits is all I'm taking. Three English classes and American Musical Theater.

Granted, three English classes amounts to (literally) 16 books I have to read in 14 weeks and one of them is my capstone, which means I'll have one heck of a writing project to pull off by May, so we'll see how "easy" this semester actually is.

I'm optimistic, though. I like my professors a lot.

I have been reunited with Megan Brown, with whom I've taken two other classes. She's delightful and hilarious and brilliant and she's just a great person to have in class.

I also find myself in, not one, but two classes with Jeff Karnicky. I will graduate with five of his classes completed. He taught my FYS class so it seems fitting that I end things with him just as I started things with him. He's also a favorite of mine.

The odd part is that the aforementioned Brown and Karnicky are, in fact, married so I have all of these nightmares about them comparing notes on me and such. Talking about me at the dinner table.. that sort of thing. I'm being ridiculous, of course, but I can't say that doesn't cross my mind.

My last class is with Clive Elliott, whom I've never had before but is nevertheless LEGENDARY at Drake. He's an old British actor who tells amazing stories and has all this impressive professional experience. I think I'll like that class a lot.

So, here we have it. The beginning of the end, as it were.

Also, in 9 days will officially start the 100-day countdown until graduation. Calendar days, that is. And I think I'm going to do a blog every day to chronicle my last 100 as a college student. Maybe capture more accurately my bipolar state of mind.

No comments:

All bloggers are compensated for their time. All blogs are uncensored and the opinions expressed are not necessarily those of Drake University.