Monday, October 29, 2007

The Best Saturday on Campus

So, I was feeling like a shut-in on Satruday but it was such a beautiful weather outside and I couldn't just sit inside all day. I left the building so I could get a little fresh air.

I put on my jacket and put on my music and I just started walking. I ended up spending an HOUR just walking around campus. It was fantastic. I was just listening to my music and getting lost in my thoughts. I can't tell you what I listened to or what exactly I thought about, because I really don't remember.

But I can tell you that the campus is looking beautiful with all the fall leaves on the ground and that I stumbled upon parts of campus I never knew existed.

I found a super-secret outside study spot that I sat in for a few minutes. And I decided that it's going to be less a place to study as a place to go to in order to save my sanity. Studying outside isn't really that effective. I see a butterfly and I'm completely distracted.

The point is that it was really relaxing. It wasn't that hectic of a week, but sometimes I just feel bogged down by... life, really. And taking that hour on a gorgeous Saturday afternoon was exactly what I needed.

I think it's important that we all take some time for ourselves. We need some time without our phones, without our e mail, so we can just be.

No comments:

All bloggers are compensated for their time. All blogs are uncensored and the opinions expressed are not necessarily those of Drake University.