Monday, October 29, 2007

Rocks and Sox, our game is done sir!

Well, the Dr. Seuss World Series was a disappointment. After winning 21 of 22 games, sweeping the Phillies and the Diamondbacks, the Rockies lost the World Series to the Boston Red Sox.

It's hard to say if it was the eight-day break that did the Rockies in, or if it was just a bunch of little mistakes strung together to make a heart-crushing loss. I know in game one our Francis was up against their Beckett who is nothing short of incredible. That might have had someting to do with the 13-1 loss that day. At least game two was closer. We only lost 2-1.

I was hoping we might get it back in Denver, though. I was sooo hoping that we would get it back -- that the Rocks could win it for the fans at home. Alas, I didn't happen. I should give them credit, though. They sure made it exciting. Just when I thought games three and four were over, the Rockies came back to close the gap, but ultimately it just wasn't enough.

I'm disappointed, but not sad. At first I was upset because I knew I would have to endure the taunts of dozens and dozens of Red Sox fans who would be reveling in yet another World Series win. I also knew that I would have to eat crow for talking smack to my political science teacher the day of game one.

"The Rockies are going to sweep. I know they are going to sweep," I said.

"I don't know. I think they've cooled off now. Plus, Beckett's on fire these days..." she replied.

'Whatever," I said. "We'll have to wait and see."

It was brutal having to face her today since that was the last time we had had class. She bragged, but not too much. And that was very sportsmanlike of her.

But, like I said I'm not that broken up about it. You want to know wy? Because the COLORADO ROCKIES are National League Champions... that has NEVER happened before! Ever! Rockies fans are just happy if the club can manage to win more games than they lose. To be called National League champs? That's a miracle! We may have lost the Series, but it was one heck of a ride and we still have lots to celebrate.

No comments:

All bloggers are compensated for their time. All blogs are uncensored and the opinions expressed are not necessarily those of Drake University.