Monday, March 12, 2007

Stop complaining!

Lately a lot of people have been complaining about Drake. Maybe I've just started noticing it more or something, but I don't understand why everybody seems to love to pick on Drake so much.

A lot of people are bored on the weekends because they don't have anything to do. There's stuff to do on and off campus, but you just have to be willing to leave your room. Some stuff isn't within walking distance, which is another complaint, but chances are you'll be friends with someone who has a car and then you'll be able to get off campus every now and then. Plus, the more organizations you're involved with, the more opportunity you will get to leave campus to do some pretty fun things. Heck, since I've joined APO I've been off campus almost every weekend. It's awesome.

Let's see... what else do people say? Oh, yeah... how could I forget? Until recently, everybody's been pretty down on our athletics. Don't worry, most people have shut up. Wanna know why? Because the Drake women are the Missouri Valley Conference Champions. Sure, now there's excitement.

Other people like to complain about having to walk "all the way across campus" to get to class. This one bugs me quite a lot. Drake is tiny. When I say tiny I mean tiny. I barely have enough time to pick a song on my iPod by the time I get to class. I have one class in Howard Hall which is on the opposite side of campus and sure, sometimes it's hard to get there when it's freezing and snowing and whatever else... but, it's really not that long of a walk... and there are buildings I cut through along the way.

Oh! And there are the people who complain about their classes. Everybody complains about classes. I do it, too. But, here's the difference... I don't consider dropping my major because I have to take a couple of crappy courses. Seriously.... Even once I have a job doing something that I love to do, there will be SOMETHING that I'm not going to be crazy about doing. You can't just walk around avoiding hard or stupid tasks...

Although, I have to say that the one valid complaint is going to have to be about the food. I've become tolerant and if you like grilled cheese, you'll be in heaven. It's not the best, but I guess it could be worse.

1 comment:

Dreamer said...

You just have to be creative!! :)

All bloggers are compensated for their time. All blogs are uncensored and the opinions expressed are not necessarily those of Drake University.