Friday, March 30, 2007

Where has the time gone?

There are six weeks left of school! Six of them! How mind-boggling is that!? Soon my freshman year will be history! Wow... I just can't get over that. And you know what the coolest part is? I survived. Not only did I survive, I did really well. My grades are decent, I'm involved on campus, I've been hired to be an RA, my pictures were in the paper, and I went to class almost every day. What more can you ask for?

Maybe I'm getting a little ahead of myself. After all, six weeks is, like... a month and a half which basically means 10 more meetings of each class, three more papers, two more commercial assignments, 8 more articles, one GIANT presentation in sociology. That's not to mention my RA training class that is going to meet three more times after today, and all the projects I have to do for it. Oh, yeah... let's not forget all the fun things coming up in APO like activation and formal.

The time has flown, I must admit, but lately more than ever, everything seems to be happening at once. I was pretty lucky before spring break. Everything was pretty spaced out. I rarely, if ever, had two papers or projects due in the same day, or really in the same week. Suddenly it feels like something clicked in someone's head that there's not a lot of time left and we need to cram everything in so it gets done.

Today is probably going to be one of my busiest days -- hence why I'm taking time to write this blog. I have to go to Walgreens to get a posterboard so I can do my project for my RA class which is today. At 2 I'm tie-dying t-shirts with APO, from 3-5:30 I have my RA class and my posterboard is due and at 6 I have to be at the field house for Relay for Life which lasts until 6am.

It's kind of funny because this time last year in high school, I started caring a little less every day about schoolwork. Now, I think I'm making up for that because the busier my schedule gets, the more effort I put into things.

Six weeks never seemed so long -- or so short. I'll blink and it will be over and I will be fine. I will have survived my first year away from home in an academic world that was so unknown to me and now is all too familiar.

No comments:

All bloggers are compensated for their time. All blogs are uncensored and the opinions expressed are not necessarily those of Drake University.