Saturday, September 8, 2007

The bridge to my future!!!

Carpenter hall has a bridge that leads from the hall to the main part of campus. Using the bridge students can get to Spikes, Hubbell and pretty much everywhere else pretty easily. I love the bridge. In fact, Carpenter Hall even has something painted on the lobby wall. It says "Carpenter: the bridge to your future."

I arrived here about a month ago and guess what was missing??? The bridge to my future was! Instead of a bridge there were a whole bunch of white posts holding up, well... nothing at all. If Carpenter is the bridge to my future, and there is no bridge... what does that say about my future??

At first I was shocked simply because it looked so funny without it. Then, the real inconvenience of the situation set in. Instead of using the bridge, we must now leave through the door on the street side of the building and walk around it and another building to get to the central part of campus. It probably adds a good two or three minutes to my walk!

It doesn't really SOUND like that big of a deal, but when it's summertime, it is. You don't want to spend any unnecessary time outside.

Not to mention the fact that all of my friends currently live in GK which is just a hop, skip and a jump WITH the bridge, WITHOUT it however... it's kind of a stretch.

Although, my bridgeless days may soon be over. Construction started this week and the progress is amazing!!! It's a good 2/3rds of the way done. Well, I can't really say that because I really don't know the intricacies of bridge construction. What I do know is that the length of the bridge is about 2/3rds of distance between the hall and the sidewalk where it's supposed to end.

The bridge will be back soon, I'm sure of it!!!!!!!!!! And with it my future!! Well, at least a much more convenient way to get around campus!

No comments:

All bloggers are compensated for their time. All blogs are uncensored and the opinions expressed are not necessarily those of Drake University.