Sunday, March 23, 2008

Democratic National Convention

Most of my summer is still undecided despite the fact I only have six weeks left of school.  But I know how I'll be spending the last two weeks of August.  

I'll be in Denver at the Democratic National Convention.

The Drake journalism department is taking ten students down to my Mile High City for an incredible opportunity.  We'll hopefully be blogging and reporting for the Des Moines Register.  Plus, we'll have actual field assignments.  The seminar is technically a class, so there will be assignments and instruction.

It's going to be really exciting.  Not only is it an incredible opportunity as a journalist, but also as a voting citizen.  It's bound to be a historic event because even if they know who will get the nomination by the time August rolls around, it's going to go to a black man or a woman.  It's going to amazing just to be there in the madness.  

What's even better is that it's a 3-credit course, but it's over after two weeks.  So, after we get back to Drake, I'll only have to go to four classes and still pull off a 15-credit semester.  It should be a lot of fun and I'm REALLY looking forward to it.

If things go as planned, I'll be in Des Moines this summer so it's going to be cool to spend the end of it back in Denver.  :)  

No comments:

All bloggers are compensated for their time. All blogs are uncensored and the opinions expressed are not necessarily those of Drake University.