Thursday, March 13, 2008

Spring Breakdown

You know what I love more than spring? Spring Break.

Seriously, the week or two before spring break there's a pretty strong smell of fried brain wafting in through the windows that have been prematurely thrown open in celebration of the 50 degree weather. It's not really a good time to feel so burned out, either. Not right before Midterms.

And then Midterm week comes and don't even think about talking to anybody about the "so close and yet so far away" spring break.

"Oh yeah!?" people will snap at you "You wanna know what I have to do before I even THINK about spring break!? Try four papers and three exams!!! Yeah! That's what I thought."

Yeah, it's fun.

Or people will be like "I'm sooo looking forward to break. You have noooo idea." Don't say that. Whatever you do, don't say that. Wanna know why? Because I PROMISE whoever you're talking to definitely has an idea.

I'm pretty sure the week before spring break is the hardest week of the year. It's probably worse than finals. Not only is there a lot to do, but the weather is getting nicer (slowly but surely... come on, spring!) so everybody starts feeling all cooped up inside and overwhelmed with stuff. Not only that, but there are only six weeks or so after break so it kind of that "almost done with the semester" mentality... eventhough I think it's technically only half over. Hey, whatever helps, right?

But, yes. Everybody goes through that phase where they just want to quit and give up on school right about now. "Ahh!! I can't make it to break!! I can't do this anymore! I need out!!!" I bet parents get a lot of phone calls this time of year. Everybody breaks down. But that's a good thing. The important thing is to know when to pull yourself back together and rock out the last week. Give yourself an hour to hate school and then get back to work because you can do it. And so can I.

No comments:

All bloggers are compensated for their time. All blogs are uncensored and the opinions expressed are not necessarily those of Drake University.