Sunday, March 23, 2008

Spring Break

I don't know if spring break is technically over yet or not... is it over when classes start again?  Or when the halls reopen for the residents to move back in?  Hmmm... Being an RA, I tend to consider break over when the halls are open again.  I came back to Des Moines on Friday afternoon since my dad uses frequent flyer miles for plane tickets and no free seats were available for Saturday or Sunday.  Maybe I didn't have the building to myself for a full two days or so, but I certainly had the floor to myself and, let me tell ya, that was amazing.

I got more done over the course of the last two days than in the whole semester combined... I actually hope that's an exaggeration, but I can't be sure.  Between yesterday and Friday I finished (and started, if we're being honest) an internship application, blogged twice, cleaned my room, finished my application for the Democratic National Convention thingy, unpacked, cleaned my fridge (mold... ew.  ALWAYS prop your fridge door open when you unplug it.  Especially if you're leaving for an extended period of time), made my new door decs, and got a jump on my homework for the week (my professors were kind and I didn't get any assignments over break... others weren't so lucky).  

And even as I write this I hear the jubilant shrieks of my residents as they discover that their roommates and neighbors have returned.  Yep, break is over.  It's ok, though.  It's not quite the same around here with out them.

Being home for a full week was sooooooooooooo nice.  Let's add a few more Os, shall we?  Oh my gosh did I love it.  If you read the "Spring Breakdown" blog, you'll know why.  I had also been feeling a bit homesick lately so a trip home came at the perfect time.  My brother ran off to visit relatives in Vegas, that punk, so I think I might have spent a grand total of twelve hours with him... if that.  But maybe that's a good thing because it meant the petty bickering was at a minimum.  Dad worked everyday, of course, so that left me and Mom to spend some quality time together.  And that was reallllly nice.  We went shopping and watched TV and ate lunch together and all of that.  It was fun :) 

Dad and I spent some time reviewing my erm... disastrous physical science exam just like it was high school again.  I didn't give him as much crap this time around... I don't think, anyway.  Apparently my brilliant brother, who is in AP Physics in high school, is learning pretty much the same stuff.  Maybe we should start a study group.  We also picked out classes for next semester... and it's a good thing we did because only yesterday it occurred to me to check when I actually have to register for classes... try April 2nd.  Gooooood thing I looked.  

So it was a good, relaxing break and hopefully I recharged enough to rock out the next six weeks or so.  Although, I think Relays might drain me a bit.  One day at a time, though... 

No comments:

All bloggers are compensated for their time. All blogs are uncensored and the opinions expressed are not necessarily those of Drake University.