Sunday, March 23, 2008

GenerationIowa.com

Recently I got a job as a freelance writer for GenerationIowa.com.  It's a networking site for young professionals and pre-professionals in, well, Iowa.  Imagine that.  It has all sorts of info on the site about how to get a job, make connections, get an apartment, and what to do here ... there's more than you'd think!

There are four main sections: My Career, My Connections, My Life in Iowa (that's me!) and My Entertainment.

Here's my first article: http://www.generationiowa.com/iowalife/article_view.asp?idArticle=161
You might need to copy and pasted that into the address bar.  It's about my first trip to Iowa for a Drake campus visit.  There are a couple of typos in it, and I'm hoping to get those fixed, but you're more than welcome to check it out.

There's another Drake student writing for GenerationIowa.  Max Plenke is also a sophomore magazine major and he writes for the My Entertainment section.  You can hit up his articles here: http://www.generationiowa.com/events/index.asp

Feel free to poke around the home page at www.generationiowa.com.  You can even make yourself a profile facebook-style.  Have fun with it, check it out, and make sure to comment on anything that strikes your fancy.  


No comments:

All bloggers are compensated for their time. All blogs are uncensored and the opinions expressed are not necessarily those of Drake University.