Thursday, November 19, 2009

Car Trouble

I'm told bad things come in threes. If that's the case, I'm already up to two and should just spend the rest of my life in bed hiding from big, bad number three.

Admittedly, this stuff isn't all THAT bad.

First I was involved in a minor car accident in the parking garage at Meredith. I was going through the garage and stopped my tiny car behind this silver Chevy monstrosity, which was in turn stopped because a red Honda was trying to pull into a space. Well, she had to back up to get into it and HE had to back up to make room for her and had no idea I was there. Well, one thing lead to another and my beautiful baby car got her first boo-boo. Check out the pics at the bottom.

Damage was minimal and his car didn't have any to speak of. But now I get to deal with insurance companies and that's just all sorts of fun. Not. It's nothing close to fun. My side of the story doesn't match with his side of the story and now we have this whole thing going on... oy, it's a hassle.

Then tonight I was driving home from school late and I was like a block and a half from my apartment. I was at this funky intersection with a railroad track. Now, the magical line you're supposed to stop at when the light turns red is well behind the railroad tracks. Well, I passed the line, THEN the light turned red, but I was still driving most of the way through the intersection...

Yeah, anyway, I got pulled over and, surprisingly didn't panic at all. I've never EVER been pulled over before (nor been in a car accident while driving) so I thought I'd be all crazy and trying to cry my way out of it or something. Nope. I was just calm and cooperative and after spending a good ten minutes with my license, the cop just gave me a warning. Maybe he noticed my spotless record.

I suppose neither of those things are earth-shatteringly terrible; it's just weird that both of those things were firsts for me, had to deal with my car, and happened within a week of each other.

Anyway, I promised pictures and pictures you shall have.


No comments:

All bloggers are compensated for their time. All blogs are uncensored and the opinions expressed are not necessarily those of Drake University.