Saturday, November 21, 2009

Christmas Festivities

Every year Jordan Creek Town Center has this big to-do when they light this massive Christmas tree on their lake/pond/moderately-sized body of water. It's a lot of fun because the radio station comes out and there's live music and tasty cookies and probably hot chocolate somewhere and FIREWORKS. And SANTA comes and then everybody floods into the mall to be warm.

I've been three years in a row now and always have a lot of fun. This year they were passing out bags of, get this, magical reindeer feed. I got more excited about this than I should have, I think. It was mostly dried corn and nuts and things of that nature with GLITTER mixed in (thus making it magical... everybody knows magical things are sparkly).

Naturally, I thought surely if I was being given this reindeer feed, there would be reindeer to, you know, feed. Sadly, Rudolph and the gang never made an appearance so I suppose it was just a souvenir.

Anyway, I went with some friends from APO and we met up with some APO friends from the Iowa State chapter and it was a really good time. After the fireworks we went inside to go see Santa and get our picture taken with him.

I got to spend a few minutes with the big guy and he asked me what I wanted for Christmas. I told him gainful employment with benefits immediately following Memorial Day would be nice. And for my roommie her GRE scores (she's been good this year).

Here we are... eleven 20+ year old college kids sitting with Santa. And you know what else is awesome? I got a Build-A-Bear Workshop coupon. Yeah, it was a good day.

No comments:

All bloggers are compensated for their time. All blogs are uncensored and the opinions expressed are not necessarily those of Drake University.