Thursday, May 6, 2010

10 days and counting

Mood: a mess... still? or again? hard to say
Happy thought: REALLY good cupcakes

Well, today was it. It was my absolute last day of class. Probably ever. Or, at the very least, for a really, really, really long time.

I walked out of my very last class and someone said something to the effect of "yay! It's summer!!" and I just wanted to punch that kid in the face.

Sure, classes are over, but that doesn't mean I don't have a crapload of stuff to get done yet. The end of classes is always a bit misleading that way. Classes are done, but now you have God knows how much work to do.

For example, I have a project, a capstone, and a 15-page paper due. So now is not the time to rest.

But the end of classes was still significant. And, oddly, my last class ever at Drake was with the very same professor who taught my first class ever at Drake. We've had five classes together in four years. That has to be some sort of record.

That's a lot of classes. That's like taking one semester with ONLY him. Think about it.

Because I practically followed this guy around for four years, I took it upon myself to give him a hard time about pretty much everything. My favorites, though, had to be pestering him to have class outside and being disgusted by his hatred of the new Star Trek movie.

Alas, he'll no longer have me to fill that role, and I'm sure he's pretty upset about it. We decided, though, I'll have to come back to visit in the fall, sit in on his freshman class and hand-pick my successor.

So I walked out of my last class ever with a professor that has been a staple in my Drake experience and, once again, had to dart to my car before I started crying freely in public.

Ten days and counting... and I'm still a mess.

No comments:

All bloggers are compensated for their time. All blogs are uncensored and the opinions expressed are not necessarily those of Drake University.