Tuesday, May 4, 2010

12 days and counting

Mood: ... yikes ...
Happy thought: having hard stuff be over and done with

I had to give a panel presentation today, which I had never done before. In one of my classes we each have to write a final paper about the books we've read over the semester. Based on our topics, we were broken into groups so that one group of people were working with one general topic or theme, if that makes sense.

Then we had to give a "panel presentation" to the class, which essentially just required each of us to talk for five minutes about what our individual papers were about.

So... in theory, that doesn't sound all that scary. But, for some reason, when it came time for me to talk, I looked down at my paper and like couldn't read the words. I just opened my mouth and hoped that what came out 1) made sense and 2) seemed smart-sounding.

I don't know if I talked for five minutes... or longer than five minutes... or shorter than five minutes... I have no idea. Overall, I think it was fine, but still... it was a very weird experience. I almost always talk in class, I don't have a problem getting in front of people really, and yet today I was all over the stage fright?

So weird...

No comments:

All bloggers are compensated for their time. All blogs are uncensored and the opinions expressed are not necessarily those of Drake University.