Sunday, May 2, 2010

14 days and counting

Mood: sad and relieved
Happy thought: endings and beginnings

Today was my last meeting for Alpha Phi Omega, the campus service fraternity I've been involved with for four years.

I wasn't as active with the fraternity as I had been in the past, partly because it's my last semester and I have quite a few other thinsg on my plate, and also because I wanted to let the new leadership emerge and not be such a visible presence in the chapter anymore.

That sounds horrible conceited, but... that's the best I could do.

Anyway, I'm partly relieved to be done with it because, as with any group of people anywhere in the world, we had our fair share of drama, which tended to fluctuate between "petty" and "ridiculous." Sometimes it just sucks you in and you wake up one day and think "Why on EARTH does this matter?"

So, in that sense, I'm glad to be out now.

Then again, I put everything into APO during the last four years. I wasn't always terribly hardcore about school, but I was always hardcore about APO. Always.

And now it's time to let it go.

Luckily, the job I landed for post-graduation is with the national office of APO, so it's not exactly good-bye. Quite the opposite actually. So I think it's a good compromise.

No comments:

All bloggers are compensated for their time. All blogs are uncensored and the opinions expressed are not necessarily those of Drake University.