Saturday, February 20, 2010

85 days and counting

I have a fundamental problem with college boys.

They're stupid.

Ok, ok. I won't make that blanket statement and suggest that EVERY SINGLE MALE who is currently attending college is a vacuous moron. But I will say that 97% of the ones I've come into contact with absolutely are.

I saw a group of junior boys drawing penises in the snow with sticks. Really? Are you a fourth grader? Is that a bathroom wall? I don't think so.

And just tonight a guy from my high school marching band, someone I haven't spoken to in easily three years, logged on to AIM and sent me a message that said "penis." It was evidently supposed to be some sort of greeting and, in Idiot (a language I'm proud not to be fluent in), it apparenlty translates to "Hey, Meagan! Long time no talk! How are things going for you?" Either way, I didn't respond. In his case it was just astounding to notice that he hadn't changed the least bit since high school.

I just don't understand the male obsession with their own genetalia, I suppose. My roommate would argue that there's some sort of subconcious homoerotic desire stifled by societal norms or something fancy-sounding like that. Maybe that could be it. Or they're just stupid.

I don't think I'm wrong for expecting guys to grow up between high school and the later half of college. No, that doesn't even just apply to guys. That's just all people. Because girls are just as irritating and immature.

And I'm apparently an elitist for putting myself above all that. And that's fine with me, really. I'd rather be haughty than an idiot.

No comments:

All bloggers are compensated for their time. All blogs are uncensored and the opinions expressed are not necessarily those of Drake University.