Sunday, February 28, 2010

77 days and counting

Considering I have a blog, I don't tend to spend a lot of time reading other blogs. I feel that that's probably a little... hypocritical or unsportsmanlike or something. I guess I just have short attention span for that sort of thing.

Anyway, I do find myself from time to time perusing the bloggosphere and there's one particular type of blog that just irritates me to no end.

THE NEWLYWED BLOG

Everyday I see more and more of my Facebook friends getting engaged, then married, then launching a blog. Like it's just the natural thing to do or something.

I shouldn't make a blanket statement and say they're all intolerable, but it's pretty close.

One gal I'm friends with wrote this massive entry and literally said (and I'm going to find the post right now so I can get it exactly right) "I pity all girls who don't have a man in their lives this Valentine's Day. It must be horrible to not have someone special to bring you breakfast in bed and do the dishes like Ryan did. We have such exciting and romantic plans for later; I'll pray for all the single gals out there who are lonely. Maybe one day, ladies!"

I don't even know where to start with that one. I really, really, REALLY don't.

And I'm just so sick of their petty newlywed arguments.

"John thinks we should paint the kitchen beige, but I really want to paint it tan! Neither of us will compromise! Newlywed life is SO hard!"

Yeah, that must be rough. Devastating earthquakes. Economic recession. Those definitely pale in comparison.

I don't want to suggest that newlywed life doesn't present challenges; I'm certain that it does. That being said, all I know is that most of what I'm reading about on these blogs is absolutely stupid. It's vacuous and mindbogglingly ridiculous.

Another gal I know blogged about how much her wedding cost and seemed freakishly proud to have spent so much money on these incredibly frivolous things.

It's frustrating.

No comments:

All bloggers are compensated for their time. All blogs are uncensored and the opinions expressed are not necessarily those of Drake University.