Wednesday, February 10, 2010

96 days and counting

Mood: annoyed >:|

When I was little, my teacher told me that the world revolved around a swirling ball of fire in space and that without it, we'd die.

Well, I was young then and stupid to believe her. 15 years later, I'm seeing very little evidence of this mystical fireball that supposedly helps to sustain life on the planet.

I don't know what Iowa did to piss off the sun so badly, but I'd like to personally apologize.

Heck, I even like the snow. No, I LOVE the snow. I am snow's biggest fan. Even when I'm surrounded by haters, my love prevails. I'm out, loud and proud in my love for snow. But this... this has absolutely got to stop.

In four years I've experienced record-breaking snowfall and flooding. I've had enough of bizarre weather phenomena, thankyouverymuch.

And, naturally, I picked this year to move off campus, meaning I have to commute each morning in the bitter cold after I pick solid sheets of ice off of my car. That's always the best part, I think. Luckily, I get to do it more than once a day because new ice likely accumulated while I was in class.

As a second-semester senior, I can honestly say I don't need additional reasons to want to skip classes. I don't need any other motivation-killing factors to prevent me from going to school. I have plenty of those. The position has been filled. No longer accepting applications.

So, snow, thank you for your interest, but you can clear out now. Best of luck to you on your other endeavors.

No comments:

All bloggers are compensated for their time. All blogs are uncensored and the opinions expressed are not necessarily those of Drake University.