Wednesday, March 31, 2010

46 days and counting

Mood: OMG!
Happy thought: Job interviews

Over spring break I had a phone interview for a position I applied for with Alpha Phi Omega, the community service group I'm involved with on campus. It's a nationwide organization headquartered in Independence, Missouri with chapters all over the US (and even some in the Philippines - exciting, right?).

Anyway, I've been anxiously waiting for news from that job and have been glued to my phone and computer since the phone interview.

On Mondays and Wednesdays I only have one class and, naturally, I got the phone call right when my class got started. The gal left a voicemail and I had no idea what to do.

Was I about to sit there for the rest of class, wondering what that message said? I had already waited like two weeks, what was another hour? Then again, I HAD already waited two weeks, so should I put myself through more torture?

But what if the message said they were going to go a different direction? Could I handle that news and be able to compose myself for the rest of class? And what if I got the job? Could I handle THAT news and be able to compose myself for the rest of class? I feel like I would have cried either way.

I decided that two weeks of waiting was more than enough, so I snuck off for a couple of minutes to check my voicemail. The gal sounded chipper right off the bat, so that was encouraging.

I wasn't offered the job. But I didn't NOT get the job, either. Instead, I was offered an in-person, face-to-face interview with the national office staff in Independence, Missouri for a couple of weeks from now.

So, yes, more waiting. BUT - an out-of-town, face-to-face interview? C'mon. That's pretty awesome.

No comments:

All bloggers are compensated for their time. All blogs are uncensored and the opinions expressed are not necessarily those of Drake University.