Tuesday, March 9, 2010

68 days and counting

Mood: happy :)
Happy thought: rain drops on my window

Today I was in class, discussing a sci-fi novel we're reading. I was paying attention the best I could, fighting afternoon drowsiness, trying not to be distracted by the dense fog out the window that made campus disappear little by little, struggling to focus on anything but the virus in my stomach...

That's when the professor mentioned Star Trek. I snapped out of my stupor immediately. He didn't just mention Star Trek, he happened to casually mention how awful he found the new movie to be.

That's right - AWFUL!

He went on about how Spock was all emo and could feel stuff and how it was totally unbelievable (THAT'S the unbelievable part of Star Trek?... ok). He couldn't get in much of an argument because several of us (me included) were quick to defend JJ Abram's intergalactic amazingness.

It was all I could do to stop myself from getting up and walking out of class.

Then we circled back to the topic somehow and he was about to make a crack at Data, from The Next Generation, but I stopped him before he was able to say something he'd regret.

... Don't think I won't remember this on evaluation day...

No comments:

All bloggers are compensated for their time. All blogs are uncensored and the opinions expressed are not necessarily those of Drake University.