Wednesday, March 10, 2010

67 days and counting

Mood: happy
Happy thought: colorful thumbtacks

I've been doing all sorts of stress management things lately. What can I say? Stress is kind of everywhere. For the most part I feel about 1,000 times more at ease. I'm calm and collected and even when I feel my brain slipping into freak out mode, I can usually steer myself back into a stable state of mind.

Today I was talking to someone about my stress and I was talking about not knowing what to expect post-Drake and things like that. He told me that just because I'm graduating doesn't mean I have to cut all of my ties to everybody and everything I have now.

In fact, there are loads of alumni who still come around... all the time. It's like they never left.

I know a couple of people like that and, to be honest, I don't want to be like them. Some contact is good, I think... too much is just creepy and leaves me wondering when these guys are going to just move on with things.

Still, it was really very comforting to hear that things don't have to change THAT much. I can still keep Drake and my friends in my life. I can still have everything I want in my life. My slate doesn't have to be wiped totally clean. I'm totally in control of all of that.

Deep down I knew it all along, but it was good to hear it out loud.

No comments:

All bloggers are compensated for their time. All blogs are uncensored and the opinions expressed are not necessarily those of Drake University.