Monday, March 8, 2010

69 days and counting

Mood: eh
Happy thought: finding a song you totally forgot you had on iTunes

Spring Break is approaching quickly (YAY!!!!) and I'll be going to Minnesota and Vegas with my roommates. Well, one is my roommate the other is her fiance. I call him my roommate-in-law.

Anyway, I'm excited. It's her 21st birthday that week so it should be a lot of fun.

But I can't help be a bit bummed out that I'm not going home. I haven't seen my family since January and knowing I won't see them until May just sucks. I've been a bit homesick lately.

I have a giant mural of mountains on my wall and sometimes I'll just sit and stare at it for a couple of hours. Like if I just stared hard enough I could wake up the next morning in Colorado.

The homesickness is probably a result of a variety of things - the long winter with no sunshine, the stress of school, the fact that my parents are prepping the house I lived in for 12 years to sell, and obviously missing my family quite a lot.

They're excited I'm going to Vegas, too. I don't really do things like that and they want me to "cut loose" and have some fun before I have to be a real adult. But, still... I can't help but wish I could have gone home, too.

No comments:

All bloggers are compensated for their time. All blogs are uncensored and the opinions expressed are not necessarily those of Drake University.