Wednesday, March 17, 2010

60 days and counting

Happy thought - waterfalls
Mood - optimistic

This morning I had my phone interview for a job I'm up for. Generally, I find I interview pretty well. I'm able to have conversations with people and present myself in a good like, I think. I'm pretty social, so I can usually carry on a conversation with pretty much anybody.

Phone interviews are a bit harder just because you can't read body language, it's easy to end up talking over one another and harder to hear sometimes.

So.. there's definitely potential to be a bit awkward.

But I think it went well anyway. I did, in fact, talk over the gal a couple of times, but not too bad, I don't think. The official decision is going to be made next week, and I'm beyond excited.

The job is with Alpha Phi Omega, the national community service fraternity I'm involved with on campus. I would be a field representative and travel all over the country visiting chapters helping with leadership training and rechartering dead chapters and that sort of thing.

The more I think about it, the more excited I get. So I think maybe the trick is to put it out of my mind for a while. Otherwise I'm going to drive myself crazy. Good thing I'm in Vegas with lots of distractions.

No comments:

All bloggers are compensated for their time. All blogs are uncensored and the opinions expressed are not necessarily those of Drake University.