Tuesday, March 23, 2010

54 days and counting

Mood: anxious
Happy thought: gainful employment

Alrighty, so if you read regularly you know that I had a job interview last week while I was in Vegas for a position with Alpha Phi Omega - a national community service fraternity I'm involved with on campus.

Today I received an email saying that the decision is being pushed back another week so I should hear back after next Tuesday.

On one hand, I'm thrilled. Because if they didn't want me, they wouldn't keep me on the edge like this. They'd just push me over, right? Surely I'd know if I was no longer be considered. So that's the good news.

The bad news, of course, is that I have another week to wait. And it's killing me just a little bit. I've sent a couple dozen job applications out into the virtual void and haven't really cared too much about most of them, but THIS is the one I can't get out of my head.

My fingers are tired from being crossed all the time... but if that's what it takes, then that's what it takes.

No comments:

All bloggers are compensated for their time. All blogs are uncensored and the opinions expressed are not necessarily those of Drake University.