Saturday, March 27, 2010

50 days and counting

Mood: OMG! HALFWAY!
Happy thought: dancing!

Each spring, my fraternity (Alpha Phi Omega) hosts a formal. So, basically, an APO prom. More or less, anyway. We get dressed up and dance like the crazy white people we are, but we have considerably less drama than most proms I've heard of (... usually, anyway).

Tonight was my last formal since I'll be graduating, so that was kind of sad. I ended up bringing two friends from the Iowa State chapter of APO, Curtis and Derek, as my dates and whenever they're around everybody has fun, so it was pretty awesome. And they're great dancers. So that's even better.

Everything was going really well until a friend of mine, Bananas (no, that's not her born name), fell and dislocated her KNEE CAP! It was so weird. She was dancing one minute and the next she was on the floor with a distorted knee.

Two years ago, I was an RA in the first-year residence halls and had some pretty extensive training with handling a variety of situations. They must have really trained me well because I instantly went into RA-mode and called security. The officers came, determined she needed an ambulance, and off she went with a couple of friends to the ER.

Within an hour she was back in her apartment with a huge knee brace and some pain meds.

Never a dull moment, friends. Never a dull moment.

No comments:

All bloggers are compensated for their time. All blogs are uncensored and the opinions expressed are not necessarily those of Drake University.