Thursday, April 29, 2010

17 days and counting

Mood: sad :(
Happy thought: spring breeze

I've been spending a lot of time on campus after classes lately. Usually I'm done at like 3:30 and jet on home. But these days I'm meandering around here and there, visiting with all sorts of people like professors and such.

Part of me feels like I realize that it's all coming to an end very quickly and maybe this is just me squeezing in last-minute visits with everybody before I graduate. It's kind of weird, actually. It's like I feel all of these visits are necessary and are serving as a means of saying good-bye.

First of all, I'm going to be living in Ames. It's a whopping half hour drive. I can come back any time I want. Second of all, nobody ever admits it's goodbye. After every visit I hear "OK, be sure to stop back before you graduate..."

What do you think THIS visit was for? I mean, I'll accept that a month or so beforehand, but when we're down to only a handful of days? ... seems a little weird.

Regardless, it's starting to get sad now. Like I said, it doesn't have to be good-bye if I don't want it to be, but it still is in a way. It's pretty much the same thing with high school. I went back to visit, but the older I got, the weirder it felt to be there again.

And one day that will happen with Drake, too.

No comments:

All bloggers are compensated for their time. All blogs are uncensored and the opinions expressed are not necessarily those of Drake University.