Wednesday, April 14, 2010

32 days and counting

Mood: weird
Happy thought: Open windows

I'm in a bit of a weird mood today and I really don't know quite how to describe it.

32 days is not a long time. In fact, it's a very short time. It's like... blink-and-you'll-miss-it short.

School has been going well. The fight against apathy has its good days and bad ones, but generally I'm able to keep my head above water. I'm prepared for the plunge into finals week.

Socially things are awesome. I spend a lot of time with friends. I've been traveling all over the place lately. I was in STL for Easter and went to MN and Vegas for spring break and then a couple of weeks before that I went to University of Iowa in Iowa City. Heck, I even have a date this weekend.

Professionally I don't have any complaints. Thursday I'm leaving for a job interview in Independence, which is about all I can think about. I'm in love with the idea of the job and hope to do really well. I'm nervous about it, but I tend to do well during face-to-face interviews so I think I'll be ok.

So I can't really put my finger on it. I just think it might be the overall reality that in a few short days I will no longer have school in my life. And I'm not just talking about Drake or college and that sort of thing. School has been the primary institution in my life for the past 16 years. That's like 80% of my entire life. That's where I've spent most of my time. That's how I met all of my friends. That's where I learned the most about myself and the world around me. And without it, I kind of expect to feel and odd sort of emptiness.

No comments:

All bloggers are compensated for their time. All blogs are uncensored and the opinions expressed are not necessarily those of Drake University.