Tuesday, April 27, 2010

19 days and coutning

Mood: Sentimental
Happy thought: Clean apartment

I was driving to campus today for class and passed the Knapp Center, where there's an electronic sign that flashes "We are Drake Bulldogs." I see it all the time, but never really look at it much.

Today it caught my eye and I read "We are Drake Bulldogs," and before I realized it I was crying like a fool.

The whole semester leading up to graduation has been filled with panic and excitement, but never really sentimentality or sadness... well, maybe a little, but they were negligible in light of everything else I was feeling.

I just suddenly realized that in 19 days I'm going to be leaving Drake. And that's really sad. I can come back, of course. I can come back any time I want. But it'll never be home again like it's been home the past four years.

And it's supposed to be that way, but that doesn't make it less sad.

No comments:

All bloggers are compensated for their time. All blogs are uncensored and the opinions expressed are not necessarily those of Drake University.