Thursday, April 22, 2010

24 days and counting

Mood: contemplative
Happy thought: tulips!

Earlier this week I was offered a job (that I accepted), so all of a sudden I have plans for after graduation. It's a wonderful feeling.

But here's the thing - most of the people I know DON'T have plans. They're trying to get a job; they're trying to get in to grad school... whatever. They're STRESSED out. Just like I was.

So as excited as I am that I got a job, I feel kind of weird shouting it from the mountain tops (or, more realistically, posting it all over facebook). I'm sure they'd be happy for me and all that, but I know watching other friends get jobs and internships when you're not having much luck just adds stress and frustration to the whole situation. And I don't want that.

I did, however, come up with a compromise combining my need to tell people and not frustrate my friends. I'm telling the people who have already graduated and have jobs and the underclassmen who don't have to freak out about all that just yet.

No comments:

All bloggers are compensated for their time. All blogs are uncensored and the opinions expressed are not necessarily those of Drake University.