Friday, April 23, 2010

23 days and counting

Mood: sleepy
Happy thought: springtime!!!

I work at Meredith Corp. on Fridays all day, usually proofreading a variety of magazine stuff. It's not a bad job, but sometimes I can feel my eyes blurring and my brain kind of getting tired.

When that happens, I get up and walk around the building for a few minutes so I can get back to my reading with fresh eyes and not miss glaring errors.

Anyway, I really love walking around Meredith because there's stuff kind of everywhere. Not in a bad way, but in an interesting "ooh, look at that" sort of way. It's mostly props and things for photo shoots or samples that companies send in with hopes of getting featured in a magazine.

My favorite stash of stuff is over near Better Homes and Gardens. There's one corner that's just FULL of big, floppy, garden hats of all sorts of different colors and patterns. I don't know why, but they just make me smile every time I see them.

No comments:

All bloggers are compensated for their time. All blogs are uncensored and the opinions expressed are not necessarily those of Drake University.