Thursday, April 8, 2010

38 days and counting

Mood: excited
Happy thought: good morning text messages

Next week I have an interview at the Alpha Phi Omega national office in Independence, Missouri for a field rep position I applied for a few weeks ago. See previous posts for more details on that.

Anyway, I'm beyond excited about it. In fact, it's all I can think about. My brain is constantly in Independence. Which I realize is bad because my body is in Des Moines and has plenty to focus on here in Iowa.

But the more I think about this job, the more perfect it seems. First - It's APO, something I've put all of myself into as an undergrad at Drake. I had a variety of leadership positions (including president), I spend every weekend doing APO something or other, I'm constantly talking about it or thinking about it... I'm just crazy in love with it.

The job is really heavily travel-based, which is really exciting to me. Lately I've been feeling incredibly restless. Like I don't want to sit at the same desk every day and do the same job every day and make the same commute every day. But this job doesn't have that. It seems like it's full of different people and places and new experiences and I love that. It'll give me an opportunity to continue to participate in something I love beyond all imaginable reason AND help me feel like I'm experiencing things... win-win, I think.

No comments:

All bloggers are compensated for their time. All blogs are uncensored and the opinions expressed are not necessarily those of Drake University.