Tuesday, April 13, 2010

33 days and counting

Mood: peaceful
Happy thought: leaves on the trees

I've been thinking about the idea of "stumbling around" a lot lately. I had a professor tell us (a room full of weary seniors) that it's totally ok to stumble around after graduation. You know something? She's right. Then again, she always is.

Type A people like me are kind of terrified of the idea of stumbling around because that means we have to learn how to go with the flow and be totally open-minded to things we would normally not consider and deal with the fact that our whole lives aren't planned out to the very last detail.

I'm tired of being afraid of stumbling around, so I decided not to be anymore. I decided that a while ago, and I'm much better off for it. In fact, I'm kind of excited by the idea of getting to stumble around for a while. That's how you find stuff, right? That's how you learn and grow and discover and experience things, right?

I think so.

So I'm happy to say I'm no longer afraid to stumble. I greet the opportunity with open arms and an open mind.

No comments:

All bloggers are compensated for their time. All blogs are uncensored and the opinions expressed are not necessarily those of Drake University.