Friday, April 9, 2010

37 days and counting

Mood: content, though tired
Happy thought: ladybugs

Tonight I practically went medieval on my apartment in an attempt to find my mailbox key that has been missing for the last couple of days. It's a tiny, thin silver key that has a knack for slipping between couch cushions and things.

We even put it on a penguin key chain so we could keep better track of it and gave it a nice little home on a shelf by the door, but, alas, it has managed to go missing anyway.

Without it, I haven't been able to check mail, of course. And, despite the fact that I'm sure that all the mail (if there's any at all) will mostly consist of local ads and a variety of questionable credit card offers, knowing I can't check mail is driving me crazy. I check mail like it's my job... and now I can't.

Oddly, this is coming only a week or so after my laundry card went missing. It also has a nice little home on a shelf by my front door, but somehow managed to wander away. I couldn't live without it after a few days and caved and bought a new one.

I'm sure they're hanging out somewhere together.

No comments:

All bloggers are compensated for their time. All blogs are uncensored and the opinions expressed are not necessarily those of Drake University.